Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of First Grade!

I can't believe my baby is in first grade! Patrick got up at 7:30 and was dressed by 7:45 (with a lot of help from me - hope we can work on that so he will do it all on his own). Our routine will be that he gets up at 7:30 and gets completely dressed and takes his medication before Curious George comes on at 8. Then he can eat breakfast and watch tv. After Curious George is over, he brushes his teeth and does his hair (he did that well this morning).

We got to school with plenty of time to spare even though we had to go back home to get his lunch. We were about 1/2 way to school when I remembered. His teacher (Ms. Allen) is standing in the doorway in one of the pictures below. There are 22 kids in his class (I think). 6 of the kids he knew from PM Kindergarten last year and 1 he knew from Pre-K the year before.

My plan was to get Benjamin down for his naps at 12:30 - that way he could sleep for at least 2 hours and then have a snack before picking big brother up at 3:25. Today didn't work out that way. I was so thrilled with my new found freedom that I ended up going shopping and didn't get Benjamin to bed until after 1. I hope I won't have to wake him up, but I probably will since I had to wake him up early this morning.

Cross your fingers for a good day at school!



No comments: