
When I picked Patrick up from summer school, I took him and Benjamin over to the playground for a bit to play. Patrick told me he and his school friends found a frog during recess. He took me over to a swampy area in the field to show me and we found one! He didn't want to touch it so Mom had to. Ughhh - actually the little fellow is so darn cute - I didn't mind too much. We managed to get it into a water bottle I had in my car for the drive home.
Of course we had to rush out after Benjamin had lunch so we could buy supplies for our new found friend. We got home, got the frog in the cage and when I went to look at him to see exactly what he looked like (because I was trying to figure out what kind of a frog it was on the internet) he was GONE! Gone! What?! How does a little froggie just disappear? I kept asking Patrick if he let it out or opened the cage. He insisted he did not. Well after an hour of no frog - I started going through all the junk on the kitchen table... piece by piece... bit by bit... and by golly I found the little fella in a plastic bag on Patrick's new green folder for school. Wheeew! So now the little guy is back in his cage. Actually, we think it is a girl. Apparently the males have a brown neck and females have a white neck. This gal is no larger than a nickel - actually maybe more like a dime size. Cute little thing. The picture I posted here is from the internet, as the ones I took didn't turn out as well.
Now let's hope we can keep her alive!
1 comment:
Ahhhh, the adventures with little boys......
I used to pick up geckos when I lived in Hawaii, but I wouldn't be so eager these days. Let's hope my boys don't start getting into bugs any time soon! Sidney actually went to a bug class with M & K and she really enjoyed it! Mommy had the heebie jeebies when I went to pick her up and just wanted to get out of there!
Post a Comment