Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Water Fun (not so fun!)

Ok - here is a picture of some of our friends kids enjoying a hot summer day. So cute!

I thought this was a really great idea (since it is 84 degrees today) so I got out our big rubbermaid tub and put hot water in it from the bathtub, then took it outside to fill it the rest of the way up with the hose. Well first I had to go to the front yard and disconnect the sprinkler and hose so I could bring it to the backyard. I had to drag it thru the house because our gate to our backyard is broken and doesn't open from the front. Then I realized the nozzle for the faucet is not on it. (Roger takes it off because Patrick gets in trouble with water.) Of course I don't know where he put it so it's off to the garage to find the pliers. All the while the dog is running loose, Patrick isn't listening to me, and Benjamin is crying. I finally get the pliers, dog, and kids outside and turn the faucet on to fill up the tub. While Patrick is holding the hose in the tub, I get Benjamin out of his clothes and put him in. He is SCREAMING!

So I take him out and put him down but I don't want to walk over and use the pliers to turn off the faucet and leave him unattended so I am telling Patrick to hold the hose and he isn't paying attention and is spraying me... so I am soaked and screaming at him and he drops the hose and takes off. Of course the hose is spraying me like crazy. I finally drag Benjamin over there and get it turned off and I am so much hotter than I was before I started. I thought this was supposed to cool everyone off. Well that's it! No more water, no more hose, no more tub. Guess who then found their way into the water??!



No comments: